Sunday 10 August 2014

Day 48: Goodbye stitches

I'm almost 7 weeks! And my stitches are almost all gone :)) Yey!

Just 2 weeks ago I was starting to get really annoyed with my stitches, especially after eating because I could never differentiate if the 'thing' I felt were the pieces of food stuck or the stitches. And I was afraid to use too much strength to clean as thought that my wounds were not yet healed haha but they're all healed now! 

Aaaaaaand, my jaws can open to easily fit two fingers now! Thanks to the daily Lunch Rush Hour which forced me to eat faster and open my mouth wider to fit bigger chunks of food. Since starting work this month, I've eaten food in so much larger portions and my stomach feels like it's expanding really quickly already haha.

Oh, did I mention that I am off Ensure already? Not that I was sick of it, but that I was forced to :((

(but I still have 2 packets stashed away for the rainy days kekekekeeke :p shhh...)

Although I've been given the green light to chew meat pieces (chicken and the likes), I still can't really do it very easily. Vegetables like xiao bai cai still pose a challenge as my teeth still can't grind the veges.

On a side note, I think I need to drop by the dentist for a long long long overdue appointment. Have been talking about it since last year and it has yet to materialise still! What can I say - I'm a master at procrastination.

1 comment:

  1. Tsk tsk tsk. ...no more ensure . So expensive. .2 packs= 1 latte for me. Better go fix appt for dentist before your teeth fall apart. .. haaaa

    ReplyDelete