Wednesday 30 July 2014

Day 37: Past 5 weeks post surgery

Hello hello!

It's past 5 weeks post-op. Whoohoo! And sorry I haven't posted in a while. I fell ill at exactly 5 weeks, and my throat and nose is still a little funky.

Though I feel a little lacking in appetite, I still try to remind myself that I'm not only sick, but also recovering from surgery and my bones still need food to fuel healing. My goodness, this feels a little like the initial days of post-surgery, especially when my throat was so sore that I was afraid to swallow anything at all.

Just some quick updates:

Food - I'm able to eat hawker food now; have tried dry kuay teow noodles and fish/meatball sticky porridge so far. Thank God my stomach has adapted to outside food standards. I'm going to try eating teochew fish porridge for dinner tonight (where you can see the individual grains. And have to chew).

Jaw opening - Finally able to open wider naturally! Now I can fit two finger tips in. So glad! I was beginning to get worried that my recovery was getting really dreary and slow.

I sometimes also feel light headed when I move too fast. I think probably because I haven't been eating too much in the past few days. I hope it's not because I haven't recovered from the blood loss or something. Oh yes, And I noticed that my gums have returned to its usual pink colour. Earlier during recovery, it looked really pale and sickly, don't know why. They're still numb though.

That's as much as my brain can manage to think and write. Till next time when I'm better, and hope everyone is recovering well too. One thing I learnt through this: eat your vitamin C. It's the cheapest and your natural cure-all. *sniff*

No comments:

Post a Comment