Monday 9 December 2013

Speech Lisp

Hullo! It's been a week since I got my braces on and I thought that I should write a little update on my experience so far.

As I type, my mouth cheeks are kind of hurting as the braces wires at the end are poking right into the flesh. Of course, this can be easily solved with the dental wax, but I'm trying to go slow on the wax. Firstly, they take so much effort to mould in and so easily come off when I brush, and two, I really don't wish to have so much wax in my digestive system so.. yeah, definitely trying to go slow on it.

I am also trying to get used to this speech lisp I'm having. Try this:
"I wish to wash my Irish wristwatch"
I'm practicing! :p

More importantly, there has definitely been a greater change in my diet. No more hard food, less sweet stuff, no sticky food, less snacking. Over the past week, I've been on a soft/liquid diet, especially during the first 2 days. Man, the teeth hurts so bad I felt so frustrated not being able to eat. Also, I like to have quick meals and the eating process usually does not last more than 15 minutes. But with these wires in my mouth, i'm taking 3 times longer to eat. The first few days were the worst, trying to get used to this new life. I have this putty/cement thing on my molars at the back of my mouth which makes it even harder to chew food because my teeth can never meet. Apparently it is so that my teeth don't bite unto the brackets... of which I don't see the point because the cement is already touching the brackets when I bite, because of my cross bite haha.

Well, if it's any consolation, I am actually happy that I stopped all my tidbits snacking/eating as my tummy wants but not need. I feel healthier... sort of.

Just to put it down, the kinds of food I've been eating so far:
- mee sua fish soup
- yoghurt
- hot milo with biscuits soaked in (yumm!)
- oats
- tofu & tau kwa

Good thing I don't get tired of eating the same foods repeatedly... 'cuz I see myself eating loads of these within the next one and a half years.

Till the next update!
Cheerio!

No comments:

Post a Comment