Thursday 3 July 2014

Day 10: Appetite is back!

I hit the double digits today! Just reminds me of the same thoughts I had when I crossed my 10th birthday years ago.

For a quick update:
1) My sore throat is totally gone now. I read that by the first week it should have been healed, but I guess everything for my body works a little slow.

2) The bruising on my neck is also totally gone. Actually by about day 8 it was almost all back to normal.

3) The swelling on my neck is almost all gone, save the weird swollen part under my right jaw. Dr Tan said that was the bone, but really? Seems to me more like the lymph node area! I'm gonna have to confirm that again during the next visit.

4) Appetite is alot better than when I first came back from the hospital. I can manage Ensure Plus (200ml), home soup made with love (200ml), lots of water for flushing my teeth each round, and some extra stuff like chicken essence and yakult or vitagen, all within 2 hours. THAT'S A FEAT.


I read that it is also good to be going out for walks and fresh air. I've been trying to get into the groove of it and my dad was most happy to bring me to one of his favourite places - Pierce Reservoir. The weather this afternoon was really great - cloudy sky which wasn't too bright for me and the cool breeze blowing almost constantly. Plus, it's a chance to look far to relax my eyes too! Really relaxing. I'd highly recommend similar places, just be responsible and on guard about the monkeys!

No comments:

Post a Comment