Saturday 12 July 2014

Day 20: It's called 'traction'


trac·tion

  [trak-shuhn]
noun
   the act of drawing or pulling.


Hello friends! 

I've found the word which accurately describes what's happening to my teeth! It's called traction. Not just 'rubberbands pulling'. Hah. And my molars are hurting once again, needless to say.

During review today, I also found out from the surgeons that my previously asymmetrical jaw was rotated 6mm. That's quite alot I think. From the x-rays, there are like a total of 8 titanium plates in my chin, upper and lower jaws. I thought I didn't look human what with all that metal! Eeek! But, that's what's keeping my jaws together so.. I think I should just remain silent about it. Hurhur.

My swelling has gone down so much. Thank God! I think I look pretty normal because I'm not getting those weird stares from fellow shoppers at the mall. Singaporeans. My appetite is almost normal, save the unusual addiction to Ensure (Dr Wee thinks I'm the first patient to still not be sick of Ensure. Haha! Most can't take it after the first week). I sleep like a pig now; I can't get up in the mornings, just like before! How now, brown cow. 

Dr Wee says I should start stretching my jaw muscles now. But. I. Can't. Not that I don't want to, but it just won't open! I've been practicing to open my widest, but it seems like there's no progress... Maybe I'm doing it wrong  D;  

I need to be able to open wide so my spoon can fit in. Thennnn can I start chewing food so I can work up the muscles. THEN will I be able to fit the toothbrush into my mouth for brushing. Ohhhhh so many things to do! ://

No comments:

Post a Comment