Wednesday 2 July 2014

Day 9: Getting there

Today is a much brighter day for me. The pain and tension is alot less, especially in the jaw and neck region. Well, until Dr Tan put on the new rubberbands for me. According to him, he is just purposefully trying the pull the lower jaw to the new position, instead of letting it shift towards the old.

While waiting at the clinic this morning, I was so thirsty but yet I obviously couldn't be bringing my syringe everywhere to drink water right... So I ended up drinking from the disposable paper cup and guess what! I managed to drink from a cup! Sooooo happy! But it only worked on thinner rimmed cups. I still can't drink from the thick-rimmed cups at home. We'll get there soon enough :)

As of now, I am beginning to be able to open mouth a little. Not sure if it's the force exerted from the rubberbands or my weak jaw muscles, but I can only manage to open about 4mm? Enough to stick my tongue out a little bit only sighh..

I received a copy of the medical procedure summary today as well. But I can't decipher all that jazz. You know, doctor's handwriting. Also because the medical terms are so unfamiliar. I did manage to catch the procedure scribbled and for those who are interested, it reads:

"GA Lefort I, Bilateral Sagittal Split Osteotomy, Genioplasty"

You'd be able to understand those terms once you google them. I don't know how to describe them without pointing the parts of my jaw, sorry about that!

[10pm update: my molars are soooo painful due to the uneven pressure caused by the rubberbands. If only I survive the night... God help me!]

No comments:

Post a Comment