Thursday 10 July 2014

Day 17: My liquid gold

Last night, the refrigerator was stocked up with three punnets of blueberries, which doesn't happen very often. So though I was free to use it, I was a little apprehensive of using them because, well, I'd be drinking it instead of savouring it in each bite. That was like, gulping down liquid gold to me!

But I decided to use them anyway. And I don't regret it because what I made was JUST. SO. GOOD. that I have to share it with you now, or else I wouldn't be able to concentrate on my work :p

Here is another smoothie, especially for you fellow post-op recovery mates, to try - the Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Smoothie! Yum!

You'll need:
  • ½ cup blueberries (if you don't have a cup, it's about a generous handful estimated)
  • ½ medium banana
  • ¼ cup rolled oats, cooked (it's about two heaped tablespoons of raw oats)
  • 150ml fresh cow's milk
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 10 cubes of ice
(Note: this makes about 600ml of smoothie)

In the original recipe, they blend the oats raw. But because I'm drinking through a straw, I decided to cook them because I was worried that the ol' blender at home wouldn't be able to pick up the oat bits for slicin'. It's a personal choice. Oh, and don't put in too much bananas! Don't want it to turn into a banana smoothie!

Blend away and be berried in it's glorious sweetness! 


2 comments:

  1. So yummy.....I also want . Looks like you are piling back your gms and kilos soon....MwL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha I can make it for you if you'd like! :D

      Delete