Friday 25 July 2014

Day 31: Remembering me

It's one month! Yeeessssssss.

I sometimes forget how my face used to look like. I know, sounds a bit exaggerated but it's true! Recalling where my chin used to be or which direction my crossbite was, is not instantaneous. Hur.

It's funny how we get epiphanies or realisations in the unlikeliest of places. Usually in the bathroom, for me. LOL. But I really treasure those moments because time just seem to slow down a bit for you to take a step back and reflect on life.

I was showering last night when I thought of the things that I used to worry about with regards to my less-than-normal appearance. I couldn't help but chuckle at my own thoughts.


S.O.P. for Public Behaviour:
  1. Avoid photographs. Unless bo bian.
  2. Never walk or take photographs with your natural head posture. Try to look down slightly so your chin wouldn't look like it's protruding out, and your face less flat looking. 
  3. Let the camera focus on your eyes instead. Or hair. Anything besides the asymmetry.
  4. Forget about turning your head slightly to hide the facial asymmetry. You never practiced enough to get it right anyway...
  5. Hope that the photographer stands on your right side whenever he/she takes a random photo showing your profile. I think it looks slightly better.. better than nothing riiiight.
  6. Win people over with your character. May they always see your character first, that it outshines your odd facial features. 
  7. Can you please think of how to manage that awkward moment when they comment that your face looks asymmetrical? (Well, I hope that I don't have to prepare this from now on)
  8. Smile more! Don't be so conscious about your jaw misalignment; what they recognise as you, is you!
  9. Be natural. Nicely.
  10. Love yourself more :))

Some of the thoughts sound contradictory, I realised. Heeh. And that most of these thoughts circled around the asymmetry. I can't deny that it did affect me, but neither did it really bother me that much (except in that moment, but I would forget after). Sometimes when I slouch on a chair in public, I suddenly think: Oi, don't chin up so high, not nice la and then realise that I don't have that protruding chin so it doesn't matter anymore haha. It's such a nice feeling! :D

Occasionally, I do miss my au naturel old face, but I'm looking forward to the new! :)) And, thank God for the invention of photography! ....although that's kind of ironic, looking back.

No comments:

Post a Comment